Fitness, Performance, and the Famale Equestrian by Mary D. Midkiff (used)
Fitness, Performance and the Female Equestrian Fitness, Performance and the Female Equestrian is an all-discipline, all-breed approach to improving the "team performance" of the female rider and her horse. It's all about AWAREness (A Woman's Approach to Riding Effectively), a series of tips signaling key points on health, fitness, nutrition, safety, and comfort.
Designed for experienced riders as well as newcomers, this indispensable resource guide provides information on:
- Biomechanic and anatomical considerations for women
- Stretching and strengthening exercises to enhance riding performance
- Techniques to gain more performance with less effort
- Saddle balancing and fitting tips
- Safety tools
- Riding and its relationship to aging, pregnancy, and lifestyles
- Nutrition and dietary factors in daily riding and competitions
In Fitness, Performance and the Female Equestrian, Mary D. Midkiff, a rider and horse business professional, offers a new perspective on the way horses are understood, equipped and ridden by women. She joins with other experts to take us though the changing dynamics of women on horseback, arriving at a new approach to riding effectiveness.
Women now represent over 80 percent of today's horse enthusiasts and riders. The techniques, equipment and teaching methods used with horses, however, have not moved in step with the growing involvement and influence of adult and young women.